Tuesday, March 18, 2008

IT: The Televisual Revolution!

Through sheer will of boredom, I found myself listening the other night to the cast and crew's DVD commentary of the 1990 miniseries IT. Now, before sharing with you the delight and wonder that ensued, I must first present my opinion of the miniseries itself, which is a prerequisite for said delight and wonder.

My opinion of IT: A bit of light, Sunday night entertainment which tries so sincerely in every regard that it breaks even from it's failure to scare and its mighty fists of ham, while riding on the back of one terrific performance by Tim Curry.

According the director and cast, this production was not only the greatest experience of each of their lives, but a benchmark of television writing, a staple of filmic innovation and, in certain respect, a progressive feminist text of the highest order.

And you thought it was just a scary clown!!!

No comments: