Friday, January 11, 2008

Anthem of the Woe Begotten

Something I wrote which I believe will be accompanied by music of a spiffy sort.

I've known the beast of the first day of Autumn
I've seen the sea of opportunities missed
I've heard the anthem of the woe begotten,
it goes, "Nobody knows pain like this."

I don't mind misery altogether that much. What I don't care for is when it rocks up uninvited, without calling ahead and with no valid reason for its visit. Just because you're the evil underlord of all the emotions doesn't mean you don't have to fill out a form and wait in line like everybody else. Happiness I'll slip through the Employers Only entrance, but that's only because I like the kid so much.

Yes, this was a vague and impenetrable whine blog.

1 comment:

Martin Kingsley said...

That's got some definite promise, me old china. I rather like Autumn/woe begotten, actually. Very nice. Coming to a set list near you?

P.S. When ya taking the stage tonight, or do I have to SMS you for that information?